Ride Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Advanced Ride Leader Training 2021
An email will be sent on March 24th with details as to how to connect to the conference call while you remain at home.
This is our Advanced Ride Leader Training Class for ride leaders who led a minimum of 8 rides in 2020.
The advanced class is more streamlined class geared to those who have more experience and will cover similar topics as the "Classic" class at a more rapid pace.
Please be ready for class by 6:25 PM.
Attendance at the class will satisfy the requirements for 2021 as a PBC Certified Ride Leader.
This Ride Leader Training Class is necessary TO MAKE CERTAIN PBC RIDE LEADERS ARE UP TO DATE. WE CONDUCT RIDE LEADER TRAINING ANNUALLY. ANYONE WHO INTENDS ON LEADING RIDES FOR THE CLUB MUST ATTEND THIS TRAINING CLASS. We are working to ensure the quality, safety, enjoyment, and consistency of our rides and events. It is our ride leaders that set the tone for each PBC ride.
RIDE LEADER PERKS
In appreciation for representing the club by leading rides, ride leaders will be eligible to receive the following:
- Lead 3 rides between April 1st and July 31st and submit ride reports for each ride and you will be invited to attend a Mid-Year Ride Leader Dinner held in August.
- Lead 6 rides between April 1st and October 1st and submit a ride report for each of those rides and you will receive FREE registration and lunch for our Annual Fall Foliage Ride event held in October in addition to being invited to our mid-year ride leader dinner in August if you led 3 rides by July 31st.
- Ride Leader Gift Program: Earn gifts! Starting at leading 15 rides, you'll have the opportunity to earn gifts. Rides led will accumulate year-to-year - they are cumulative starting with rides led in 2018. Gifts will be presented at the Annual Membership Meeting, Auction & Party in December each year.
RESISTER TO ATTEND:
Training is FREE, but to attend you must be a PBC member and register by clicking the "Register Now" button on the right. Trained and approved ride leaders receive access to posting their own rides on our ride calendar.
Use the "Register Now" button to the right and also answer the 6 questions that are asked of you. Make sure you click the "Complete Registration" button after answering the questions in order to properly register.
Topics We'll Cover
- Club Policies for Ride Leaders
- Club Insurance Policy
- Updated Procedures - Our Ride Leader Excellence Program
- Our "Sign-in Sheet & Waiver" form and how and when to use it.
- Representing the club "The PBC WAY"
- New procedures for "Non-Club" ride postings
- Ride Leader Awards & our ALL NEW "8 Level Gift Program" for ride leaders.
- Updated Ride Posting Procedures
- Q & A
Friday, March 26, 2021, 6:30 PM until 7:30 PM
ONLINE TELECONFERENCING CALL -
Club Educational Event
Required: You must have led 8 rides and submitted the ride reports in 2020 to qualify ftp attend this class.
This meeting is for those planning to lead their own rides, assistant ride leaders, and back-up ride leaders. All in attendance must sign-in. Ride leaders must attend this class to have permission to post rides on our club ride calendar and represent the club as a ride leader. Additional classes will be offered at the Executive Council's discretion and are not guaranteed to be scheduled.